Research Fellow, Medicinal Chemistry
7 days left
- Full Time
Location: Parkville campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12 month fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $66,706 - $90,532 pa Level A (plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Exciting program targeting Synthetic Organic and/or Medicinal Chemist
- Developing new synthetic methods and designing novel bioactives
- Excellent location along the Parkville Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences strip
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary research team working on a range of organic synthetic and medicinal chemistry projects targeting bioactive molecules for the treatment of immune diseases and cancer. Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MIPS) is a world-class, multi-disciplinary organisation and the Medicinal Chemistry theme is at the forefront of drug discovery research. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to apply innovative approaches in synthetic chemistry to drug design. Previous experience in synthetic or medicinal chemistry is essential.
The candidate's responsibilities:
- Synthesise and characterise small molecule drugs; design compound targets; manage compound libraries and biological data
- Help develop new synthetic methods to facilitate the rapid assembly of complex molecular architectures
- Analyse and report data in a timely fashion including reporting to project leaders and collaborators, preparation of reports and manuscripts and presentation at laboratory meetings
The candidate's attributes:
- BSc / MSc or equivalent in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related discipline
- PhD or equivalent experience in medicinal or synthetic organic chemistry
- Analytical thinking, expert data analysis and critical problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Experience in scientific writing and good oral presentation skills in English
- Experience with pharmacology and biological evaluation of novel chemical entities would also be highly advantageous
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs".
Prof, Bernard Flynn, Co-Director, Australian Translation Medicinal Chemistry Facility, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, +61 3 9903 9650.
Friday 29 June 2018, 11:55 pm AEST