Senior HPC Systems Specialist
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (IT)
Salary package: $109,432 - $114,744 pa plus superannuation
Terms: Continuing Contingent Funded Contract
NCI, an operating unit of The Australian National University and is built on and sustained by a formal collaboration of national research organisations, ANU, CSIRO, Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia, and other research-intensive universities. NCI is Australia’s leading national provider of high-end computational and data-intensive services. NCI is home to a 1.6 PFlop supercomputer, a HPC class 3200 core OpenStack cloud system and several highly connected large-scale high-bandwidth Lustre file systems. NCI is has been awarded $70 million of funding to replace its ageing supercomputer, with a new system to be commissioned in 2019.
The Senior HPC Systems Specialist will play a central role in the design, development and optimization of software infrastructure relied on by the substantial research community at NCI, and contribute in a substantial way to the planning, configuration and implementation of HPC and HPD systems at the petascale.
Applicants will skills and experience in the following areas are sought:
- Management of large scale HPC systems (including cluster file systems, high performance interconnects, and operating systems, fault management, performance issues and tuning operating system kernels for large-scale and parallel file systems).
- Understanding of high performance computational science techniques and methods.
For further information please contact: Amanda Walker, E: Amanda.Walker@anu.edu.au, T: 02 6125 9804
Closing date: 1 July 2018
Position description: Senior HPC Systems Specialist - PD.pdf
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.