Lecturer in Psychology
SALARY RANGE: $95,488 to $112,940 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will be required to teach the foundations of psychological practice, undertake research and publish in the School's area of research strength.
This will include:
- Teaching in the area of the foundations of psychological practice including a sound understanding of ethics, counselling skills and/or group facilitation, and other core skills in the practice of psychology.
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Contributing to building an active (national) research record, including publication and the generation of external research income.
- Participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the Faculty's teaching programs in foundations of psychology through personal teaching and academic leadership.
- Experience in supervising research students.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of partnerships with professional associations and domestic or overseas educational institutions and industry.
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Linda Byrne, Deputy Head of School, School of Psychology, Tel: +61 3 9244 6424, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 27 June 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.