Audio Visual Designer
- Opportunity to join a growing team leading innovative AV solutions
- HEW 7, $85,461 - $92,156 + 17% super
- Full-time, on-going, working across all Swinburne campuses
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
About the job
The Audio Visual Designer role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated customer focused individual to join Swinburne’s Audio Visual team. This role is required to apply a high level of Audio Visual design, project management and configuration and would suit someone with extensive experience providing engineering solutions for AV design and a passion for working with Audio Visual systems and providing a seamless customer experience.
The primary role of the position is to ensure the design, engineering and project management of high quality audiovisual solutions; coupled with effective configuration and delivery of educational technology solutions to clients across the organisation; and in particular:
- Providing design engineering expertise, maintaining standards of AV solutions and their underpinning support documentation
- Configuring audiovisual devices and solutions in Swinburne’s technology enabled learning and meeting spaces
- Project managing, consult and engineer audiovisual projects and investigations for IT and the Swinburne Facilities Services Group (FSG).
- Providing technical expertise for the support of all standard AV system designs
- Maintaining engineering and support documentation of Swinburne IT/AV standards and solutions
In return for your expertise and commitment to the role, you will be part of a growing and supportive team focused on your development and progression within AV and the wider Information Technology Services team.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A degree level qualification in information technology, information systems, or extensive experience in AV/IT design engineering; ideally in a mid-large education or large service sector organisation.
- Extensive experience providing engineering solutions for AV design for learning and meeting space projects
- Demonstrated the support of effective coordinated use of AV capabilities across an organisation to enhance learning outcomes
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2016 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Scott Doyle via email at email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on email@example.com.
Applications close at: 11:30 pm, Sunday 1 July 2018