Website & SEO Manager
Website & SEO Manager
At Arden University, our vision is to make education more accessible, engaging and beneficial to people everywhere.
Arden University is undergoing an exciting phase of rapid expansion and significant transformation, developing new programmes, driving an industry-leading learner experience and rolling out our innovative ‘compressed-blended’ full time degrees at several new campus locations across the UK and internationally.
This is a broad and exciting role for an innovative marketing manager with experience of CRO, UX and website management along with SEO experience to deliver significant gains in website performance and organic search. The ideal candidate will be confident in optimising SEO and website journeys for key audiences ensuring both are effectively integrated with campaigns and in line with objectives. As a relatively new brand, there is huge potential for this role to make a real impact on the organisation.
Current knowledge of SEO, UX and CRO practices is vital. Alongside an analytical mindset and a passion for continuous improvement – consistently identifying and delivering increases in performance.
An excellent ability to work across teams such as web, content, PR and brand, the candidate will own the SEO strategy and the website strategy using tools, insight and a test and learn approach. This role sits within the Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing and includes line management of the Website and Design Coordinator. This person will also work closely with our internal dedicated Web Developer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage SEO strategy including technical and structural optimisation, content generation and external link building. Working closely with content, PR and brand teams to deliver gains in organic traffic and conversion in line with KPI targets.
- To lead on website performance, tackling the barriers to conversion and enhancing the user journey, while ensuring the brand guidelines are reflected.
- Ownership of website development roadmap ensuring continuous improvement and innovation while effectively managing risk of site changes
- Delivery of highly engaging, interactive and conversion focused web platform
- Oversee performance of external listing sites, maximising Arden’s visibility and integrated alongside campaigns as a key part of the user journey
- Owning and reporting KPIs to senior management
- Working closely with internal teams and external agencies to ensure an integrated approach and consistent experience for our prospective students
- Line management of Website and Design Coordinator
- Adhoc tasks may be required to support other areas of the Marketing Team
- Thrives in a dynamic environment (E)
- Strong desire to get things done (E)
- Ability to play variety of team roles (D)
- Positive mind-set to engage others (E)
- Organized and able to prioritise (E)
- Excellent communication skill-set and attention to detail (E)
- Line management (E)
- Creative and analytical thinker (E)
- 5 years + experience (E)
- Excellent understanding of SEO (E)
- Knowledge of CRO and UX practices (E)
- Strategic website management with understanding of customer journeys (D)
- Technical website capability (D)
- English or Marketing degree (D)
- Experience with Google analytics, CRM systems and Excel (D)
- Awareness of other digital marketing channels – social, PPC, video
- Has worked in the education arena (D)
The closing date for applications is 25th June 2018. To apply, please send your CV together with covering letter to email@example.com.