Accreditation Scheme Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Founded as BKS (British Kinematograph Society) in 1931, and later becoming BKSTS (British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society) before reinventing as IMIS (International Moving Image Society) in 2016 in recognition of its broader remit and international coverage, IMIS is one of the world's oldest film and television societies. Recently it was fortunate to receive a major bequest that has enabled it to review its work and to come up with a plan to take the Society forwards.
Since 1931, IMIS has been accrediting university-level educational courses as part of its remit to form a bridge between industry and education. This HESA (Higher Education Statistics Agency) approved accreditation scheme is a cornerstone of IMIS’s commitment to ensuring the best match between industry requirements and HE (Higher Education) media course graduates. IMIS is now seeking to grow this scheme, increasing the number of accredited courses, and expanding into the areas of further education courses and industry CPD programmes. IMIS is also developing a Skills Passport scheme to recognize individual skills and abilities to improve employment opportunities in the technical and craft areas of media production across all genres.
As a result of the above, IMIS is now seeking an Accreditation Scheme Manager (ASM). The ASM will report to the President and will sit on the IMIS ETEC (Education, Training and Events) committee.
The job of the ASM is to provide the energy behind the vision set out above, namely:
- Working with ETEC to develop and manage the IMIS Accreditation Scheme, including financial management of the Accreditation budget and maintaining Accreditation records
- Working with ETEC to establish the IMIS Skills Passport programme
- Working with ETEC to identify and exploit new marketing opportunities for course and individual accreditation
- To organise and take part in accreditation visits
- To manage the accreditation section of the IMIS website
- To maintain and update IMIS Accreditation documentation as necessary
- To organize student film events run by IMIS for the benefit of the Accredited courses. Currently there are two annual events; one at BFI Southbank and one during WSW (WideScreen Weekend) at NSMM in Bradford
- To organize at least one annual student reps meeting for course reps of IMIS Accredited courses
- To maintain active contact with course leaders of Accredited courses
- To produce and present monthly Accreditation reports to ETEC
We are more interested in the qualities of the candidate rather than their knowledge of the industry.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, with strong team working and communications skills who can operate effectively with minimal management. There will be assistance from IMIS Board members, the COO (Chief Operating Officer) and from other ETEC members.
The successful candidate is likely to already possess a working knowledge of HE institutional practices in the UK, and be familiar with UK media degree course structures.
This will initially be a part-time post of three days per week, with the opportunity of the role expanding to full-time as the Accreditation Scheme grows. The initial appointment will be on a 12 month contract.
We think this is an excellent opportunity for someone with drive and vision to create something worthwhile that will impact the lives of many through educating them and giving them insights and inroads into our fantastic industry.
Apply for Accreditation Scheme Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly