Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Teaching and Research in Medical Imaging
- 5 years fixed-term, full time
- A competitive salary + 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (ARWU 2017), and in the top 1% in the world for universities under the age of 50 (QS World University Rankings 2017). In recent years, Curtin has climbed significantly in global league tables and in the 2016 Nature Index results, Curtin was named as a rising star, the most collaborative of the Australian universities, and the biggest Australian mover. Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai.
Your new role
A rare opportunity for you provide fundamental critical research and teaching within the Medical Radiation Sciences (MRS) discipline, focusing in the areas of radiographic pathology, sectional anatomy, medical imaging practice and instrumentation.
- Conduct research innovation
- Focus on quality student learning experiences
- Contribute to the transformation of learning at Curtin, helping to drive delivery of the highest quality courses with practical application in the real world
The appointment combines learning and teaching, research, service and leadership activities.
You will bring to the role
- A PhD qualification or have professional expertise/clinical experience equivalent to a doctoral qualification
- Demonstrated high-level teaching skills and a reflective approach to teaching delivery.
- Possess a strong understanding of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to the discipline.
- Established research track record or evidence to conduct quality research.
What we offer you
The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5 pm Friday 6 July 2018.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action
Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
Explore some more https://scieng.curtin.edu.au/schools/school-of-molecular-and-life-sciences/
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Professor Zhonghua Sun
Phone: 08 9266 7509
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.