Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Improvement Analyst is a member of the Business Improvement Group which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Improvement Analyst plays an important role in supporting business improvement activities within Academic Services to improve the student and customer experience. You will work in collaboration with business owners, subject-matter experts, and other key stakeholders to understand business problems, identify opportunities for improvement, and undertake activities that support the development and implementation of innovative solutions.
Projects may include supporting strategic initiatives or improvements to core business processes across the student lifecycle. Improvements will be made to improve the student experience, increase efficiency, and reduce waste, drive towards consistency of practice, and leverage system support of business processes to meet the needs of end users.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience in business analysis and/or project management.
- Expertise in the use of business analysis methodologies in the context of complex projects, preferably in higher education or large organisations, including strong process improvement skills, design thinking, and other methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop strong working relationships and liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders and clients to achieve successful outcomes.
- Strong organisational skills, detail-oriented with an openness to new ideas and creative approaches to problem-solving within established timelines.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Close date: 17 June 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria