PhD Position in Molecular Medicine/Microbiology
1 day left
- Full Time
A PhD position is now available at the Research group on Molecular Mechanisms of Mycobacterial and HIV Infections at CEMIR. The project aims to explore how mycobacteria parasitize host immune cells during tuberculosis infections. It includes studies on proteins secreted by mycobacteria, and whether these can access compartments within the host cytosol to modulate processes beneficial for bacterial survival. It also includes broader screening approaches to identify mycobacterial proteins involved in combating the host immune response.
The period of employment for the position as a PhD Research Fellow is 3 years. The position has the objective of qualifying for higher academic positions. Admission to a doctoral degree program is a requirement for employment as a PhD candidate. For regulations concerning the PhD-degree at NTNU, please see: http://www.ntnu.no/studieavd/dok/PhD_regulations.pdf
Requirements of the applicant:
- A master’s degree or an equivalent education within molecular medicine, microbiology, cell biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, biophysics, nanotechnology or similar.
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s or equivalent education with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNU’s grading system.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
Emphasis will also be placed on:
- Experience in working with live cells, BSL2/3 pathogens and sterile techniques.
- Experience with cellular imaging is an advantage.
- Motivation to work with class 3 pathogens in BSL3 laboratories, and ability to work accurately and safely with biological samples/ laboratorial experiments.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Terms of employment
The position offers work with challenging and varied tasks in a versatile and pleasant environment that is characterized by active, committed and skilled employees.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. Increasing the number of women in academic positions is an important priority for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 436 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 436 500 - 499 200 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations and supplementary rules with guidelines for employment as PhD Candidate appointments at universities and university colleges.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via this page. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and references) and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas.
- Short statement on the applicant’s personal qualifications and motivation for the position.
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher.
- Contact information for two references.
- Other relevant attachments.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Deadline for applications: 20.06.2018.
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Magnus Steigedal, telephone: 97706661, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information concerning the application process, please contact the HR Executive Officer Elisabeth Myrvang: email@example.com
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 153310
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!