- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVEN) at UNSW Sydney comprises 45 academic staff, 80 research centre staff, and 32 professional and technical staff. Its recurrent income is $22M per annum, with a further $12m in research income. The School has 1,700 undergraduate students, 620 postgraduate coursework students and 220 postgraduate research students. The School is one of the most active in research at UNSW.
The Water Research Laboratory is a world-leading academic research and consulting laboratory that endeavours to tackle the most challenging and pressing water-engineering problems faced by the world today relating to water and the environment.
About the role
- $83k – 89k plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term, 36 months
The Groundwater Technical Officer will assist staff and students of the CWI research team in CVEN and academic staff and students at the Water Research Laboratory with their fieldwork. The Groundwater Technical Officer will also provide technical support for the UNSW managed NCRIS Groundwater Infrastructure sites in New South Wales (50% commitment – funded by the Federal Government). The NCRIS commitment has a substantial fieldwork component involving instrument maintenance, repair, downloading of data loggers as well as data processing, quality assurance and database management in the office.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in hydrological engineering or similar field.
- Three years or more of demonstrated prior work experience with groundwater investigation techniques and the operation of equipment such as pumps, well-logging equipment, stream auto-samplers and climate stations.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of large databases with attention to QA procedures and record keeping and experience in computer coding skills (Matlab, Python or similar).
- Technical skills in equipment maintenance and in setting up and maintaining data loggers with remote communication for data transfer and troubleshooting of field deployed logging equipment.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant