Senior Educational Designer, CloudFirst Redesign
SALARY RANGE: $96,394 to $110,364 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term for 2 years
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Work collaboratively with Academics, other design teams and divisional staff in the design and development of stimulating and innovative learning experiences in a variety of pedagogically focused learning modules within CloudFirst projects.
This will include:
- Leading and supporting the design and development of student centred digital learning experiences and active learning activities for the CloudFirst degrees.
- Contributing to the conceptualisation and application of a range of best practice online learning models to create a coherent student experience.
- Providing leadership and expert advice on digital learning design and future pedagogies to enhance practice and outcomes for the CloudFirst learning experience.
- Providing design expertise and support to Academics and Deakin Learning Futures participating in the CloudFirst degrees.
- Relevant postgraduate degree in Education, Information Technology, Interactive Media or related field with subsequent relevant experience in tertiary education.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering interactive learning experiences for online learning modules.
- Extensive experience with learning management systems and associated educational technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of learning design principles/theory, practices and technologies relating to flexible and online teaching and learning in a blended learning environment.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Steven Brown, Tel: +61 3 9244 6104
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 17 June 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.