Associate Professor in Nursing
- Continuous Full Time position
- Associate Professor Level D | $136K - $150K plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 1933A01/202000
We are looking for a talented academic with a strong track record of academic excellence and high quality research with national and/or international impact.
The School of Health Professions currently comprises the disciplines of Nursing, Chiropractic and Counselling. The School is headquartered at the University’s campus in Mandurah and offers courses of study at Mandurah and at the main South Street Campus in Perth. The core undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered in the School are accredited by the relevant professional bodies and provide students with professional career entry pathways. The discipline areas are well resourced with Nursing students having access to learning resources and clinical demonstration and simulation wards located on each campus.
This position makes a substantial contribution to teaching and research activities within the School in the areas of either Indigenous Health or Aged Care. These contributions will also include post graduate research supervision, as well as a substantial contribution to leadership and administration in the nursing discipline, the university and the profession. Links to relevant industry groups and external stakeholders that will advance the interests of the School and the University are also expected.
The position may be headquartered at either South Street or the Mandurah campus however performance of the role’s responsibilities does require the flexibility of undertaking teaching and administrative tasks on both campuses if required.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in an area relevant to appointment
- A track record of undertaking high quality independent research and associated outputs that have national and international impact and influence in the areas of either Indigenous Health or Aged Care
- Demonstrated experience in establishing clinical, community and/or professional nursing practice networks.
- A record of success in the application of curriculum design and pedagogy, including substantial experience with leading and designing university level programs of study.
- Extensive, substantial experience in teaching at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Demonstrated skills in managing teams and collaborating across health disciplines.
- Registered as a nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the essential skills and experience required for this role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Guide for Applicants and Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application.
Position contact: Catherine Fetherston, Head of Nursing on +61 8 9360 5516 or atC.Fetherston@murdoch.edu.au
Closing date: 18th June 2018