Head of School, USC Law School
The Head of School is a senior leadership role within the Faculty of Arts, Business and Law (FABL) and the University, and has responsibility for the strategic management of the School’s teaching, research and engagement activities. The Head of School leads the School’s staff and manages other resources to achieve University, Faculty and School objectives which are aligned with the University’s Strategic Plan and priorities, and the Faculty’s plans.
The Head of School models intellectual, strategic and operational leadership qualities to engage academic colleagues in shaping a long-term strategy that contributes to sustained growth and creates opportunities for innovative degree programs to connect into our research directions. As a strong and committed academic leader, the Head of School is engaged in the development of their discipline/ field, both nationally and internationally. Substantial involvement in the University’s development and aggressive growth agenda is also an expectation.
The incumbent will provide:
- strategic Academic Leadership for the School and Faculty
- effective management of financial, human and physical resources
- quality assurance of the School’s academic activities
- leadership to ensure a positive learning and work environment
To be considered for the role, a candidate must:
- hold a doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline, together with an outstanding track record of teaching and research leadership
- demonstrate extensive experience and success as an effective senior academic leader and manager
- possess strong personal qualities and ethical and collegial approaches that contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive academic environment
Candidate Information Pack
Sunshine Coast Council | sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
Sunshine Coast Tourism Information | visitsunshinecoast.com.au
Queensland Tourism Information | destq.com.au
Midnight, Monday 9 July 2018
Applications should include a full curriculum vitae and cover letter only. Applicants should provide the names and contact details of at least three referees. These referees will not be contacted without the prior consent of the applicant.
To apply please click the Apply button at top of screen.
The University reserves the right to fill the position by invitation.
Confidential enquiries about the role should be directed to:
Professor Tim Smith
Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts, Business and Law
Tel: +61 7 5456 5516
USC values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
USC strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.