Associate Professor/Professor of Design Innovation and Management
UTS Management Discipline Group & Design Innovation Research Centre
UTS Business School and the Design Innovation research centre have an exciting opportunity for an academic to join both the Management Discipline Group and Design Innovation Research Centre; to help shape the future of Design Innovation practice and research and lead the Digital Creative Enterprise major of the Bachelor of Management program.
UTS is the #1 young university (under 50 years old) in Australia and #8 in the world. (QS Top 50 Under 50 2018). The Business School is AACSB accredited and well ranked globally. UTS Business School has over 10,500 students in undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD programs; and we have a number of established international partnerships and a strong international student body.
At UTS Business School’s Management Discipline Group you will work alongside other internationally renowned scholars committed to research and teaching that is theoretically sophisticated, politically engaged and not afraid to challenge the conventions of practice. We embrace scholarly work that advances knowledge by questioning orthodoxy and breaking convention, always seeking to ask the hard questions.
The Design Innovation Research Centre (DIRC) is a transdisciplinary centre based at UTS. Our team is focused on providing innovative, design-oriented research, practice and teaching with the potential to transform the organisations we work for, the people they serve and the cities in which we live. DIRC incorporates the Designing out Crime Research centre, which focusses on work in the fields of Justice, Corrective services and social justice.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, deliver and coordinate high-quality teaching at undergraduate and post-graduate level
- Provide academic and intellectual leadership to the Design Innovation research centre, together with a Professor of Interdisciplinary Design, and play a pivotal role in shaping this centre’s future
- Lead the Digital Creative Enterprise major of the Bachelor of Management program
- Develop and execute an ambitious international research agenda in design innovation and management
- Assist in formulating and implementing of research plans, strategies and objectives in the Business School and Design Innovation Research Centre
- Engage in contract research and professional practice projects of the MDG and DIRC
To apply for this opportunity at Level D or E, you should have:
- Expert knowledge of key academic debates in design innovation, design based frameworks and systems thinking
- A PhD in Management, Design or one of its enabling disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to obtain competitive research grants.
To apply for this opportunity Level E, you should also have:
- Evidence of a sustained and exemplary international research track record as evidenced by publications in leading international peer reviewed journals and significant academic citations
- An extensive track record of competitive research grant capture
Base Salary Range: $149,355 to $185,713 (Level D to Level E)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
Whilst as Australia’s premier city, Sydney is consistently ranked in the top 10 cities worldwide for quality-of-living.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How to Apply
Please note: Our site is optimised for Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 45 and Safari 9.1. Earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times. Other browsers may offer unexpected results.
Prior to commencing your application for IRC109871, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Answering Selection Criteria.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC109871.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Please be advised that as part of the selection process that you may be requested to deliver a presentation, the audience for which may include individuals not on the Selection Panel.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th June 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Business & Economics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney