Laboratory Technician for the Research Group "RNA-based Regulation of Gene Expression"
A position for a laboratory technician is available in the research group “RNA-based Regulation of Gene Expression” which is part of
Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). We study disease-related biological processes by investigating
protein structures and their interactions with other proteins, RNA or small molecule inhibitors using biomolecular NMR and related
Research Group Leader: Peter Josef Lukavsky, Ph.D.
- Expression and purification of proteins
- Transcription and purification of RNAs
- Preparation of various media and buffers
- PCR and cloning of RNA and protein constructs
- Preparation of isotope-labelled nucleotides
- Binding studies using ITC, fluorescence anisotropy, EMSA, and other biophysical techniques including data analysis
- Performance of NMR experiments to study small molecule interactions with proteins and RNA
- Implementing new techniques and projects
- Help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
- At least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- Reliability, team player, meticulousness
- Knowledge of "laboratory chemistry" - preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
- Computer literacy, MS word, Excel.
- Excellent experience with molecular biology, protein and RNA purifcation, biochemistry and NMR spectroscopy is a big plus
- Interesting work in a top scientific team
- Stable base and excellent instrumental equipment of CEITEC MU
- employment benefits
- Salary based on qualification and experience; part time appointment possible
Brno is an attractive, lively place to live and work with many cultural and recreational amenities.
Please send CV and a short motivational letter including: a) description of previous experiences b) technical skills and c) at least two contact references to Peter Lukavsky (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates considered for the second round of interview will be informed via email.