Brighton Film School
Contractual Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday with flexibility required
Brighton Film School delivers high quality Film and TV education to train the next generation of creatives, technicians and production professionals. The school is recognised and supported by industry partners and our courses are delivered by a team of industry professionals who are keen to share their knowledge and experience. The creative outcomes of our students include producing festival winning short films, music promos and documentaries.
Working at BFS requires both knowledge and experience of the contemporary Film or TV industry as well as experience within the education sector, to be able to support our students and ensure that they can realise their potential. BFS works closely with and is supported through its partnership with BIMM (British and Irish Modern Music Institute)
The post holder should possess at least two years’ experience in a management role within Film and TV education. The successful candidate will be a confident and dynamic team leader and be able to fulfill a wide range of duties whilst building and growing BFS. The post holder will be used to working to tight deadlines and to ensuring that staff and students alike are able to meet exacting standards of educational excellence. This post reports directly to the Business Development & Creative Careers Director.
- At least two years working at a management level in Film and TV Education
- An ability to understand and deal with creative professionals within the context of the Film industry and Higher Education
- Strong and proven team leadership skills and leadership of an education team
- Able to lead, develop and co-ordinate a team of full and part time staff successfully
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proven experience in the design and development of a specialist film curriculum
- Leadership and Line Management & Development and Growth of BFS
- Curriculum Delivery – the management, delivery and evaluation of all courses
- Monitoring recruitment, retention and achievement and implementation of all aspects of College Quality Assurance and Student Support
- Contributing to the internal and external liaison of BFS as required, in particular with the Film Industry in Brighton, BFS’s Educational Partners, Awarding Bodies and External Verifiers
To apply please click the apply button.