Content and Social Media Manager
Content and Social Media Manager (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
About Arden University
At Arden University our vision is to make education more accessible, engaging and beneficial to people everywhere. 2018 will be an exciting year for the University as we continue with our transformation and development programme, driving an industry-leading learner experience and further developing our innovative ‘compressed-blended’ full time degrees across 5 campus locations.
We are a values driven organisation, and in line with our values of supportiveness, integrity, innovation and ownership, we want to make sure that each of our study centres is delivering an outstanding student experience that is completely aligned to our brand promise, whilst providing a tailored and personalised experience reflective of the local needs and culture of the student and staff profile. We pride ourselves on the relationships we build with our students and the importance our staff across the organisation place on supporting students to realise their potential. We recognise that the pressures of people’s hectic, modern lives often means our students are constrained - by location, cost, family/caring commitments or simply time. By making our degrees, masters and MBA programmes available through both online distance learning and flexible on-campus ‘blended’ study, we have been able to support students ranging from 18 to 80 years old to achieve their ambitions and benefit from Higher Education.
Vacancy: Content and Social Media Manager (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing, this role will manage and execute our content and social community strategy to engage with prospective students and maximise Arden’s growing online community. This role involves managing and developing our Social Media & Content Executive.
With ideally five years’ experience of working within a digital marketing agency or client side perhaps managing a small team, developing and managing a content strategy and community engagement plan is important for this role. Skilled in creating rich content for online channels and growing a social audience, with proven ability to analyse and present content and social performance is also key.
- Owning the content strategy to ensure it’s aligned with SEO, brand, PR, social objectives, is integrated with campaigns and achieves KPI targets.
- Creation of rich content including articles, videos and interactive tools across a variety of areas including distance and blended learning, apprenticeships utilising student, staff, academics, employers and external sources.
- Growing Arden’s online community through engaging content and effective community management
- Being the voice of Arden through social listening, gathering insights and managing all community conversations
- Utilise insight and test and learn strategy to increase the impact of content and community engagement over time
- Working closely with SEO and brand teams to drive organic web traffic through creation of new content and optimisation of existing content to improve visibility, engagement and conversion
- Managing internal engagement including generation of content on the intranet.
- Researching and tapping into the talent, experience, and passion inside and outside our business to identify important trends and topics and source relevant content against these.
- Reporting, analysing and making recommendations for improvements, using relevant monitoring tools such as Google Analytics.
- In collaboration with Insight Manager, proactively develop and manage students champion/advocate network
- Ad-hoc tasks including generation of offline content
- Thrives in a dynamic environment (E)
- Strong desire to get things done (E)
- Ability to play variety of team roles (D)
- Positive mind-set to engage others (E)
- Takes ownership and delivers (E)
- Collaborative/big picture thinking (E)
- Organized and able to prioritise (E)
- Excellent communication skill-set and attention to detail (E)
- Line management (E)
- Creative and analytical thinker (E)
- 5 years + experience (E)
- Excellent understanding of social media practices and content strategies (E)
- Experience of creating and managing a wide range of digital content (E)
- Experience of managing and growing online communities and converting social channels and content into revenue generation opportunities
- Copywriting background (D)
- English or Marketing degree (D)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Hootsuite, or other social channel monitoring tools (E)
- Has worked in the education arena (D)
This is an exciting time to join a University that represents the future of Higher Education – please get in touch to receive a fuller job specification.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org