Instructional Content Specialist, Metropolitan College, Distance Ed Administration
1 day left
- Full Time
The Instructional Content Specialist (ICS) in the Office of Distance Education (ODE) is responsible for several areas of online course/program quality control and course quality improvement. This position involves performing highly technical revisions to existing courses that require updates, modifications, and restructuring. Working closely with the instructional designers (IDs) and media team, the ICS will work directly on a portfolio of ODE-supported courses each term, ensuring that they meet established standards for quality and contact hour requirements. The ICS will play an integral role in developing quality assurance standards impacting online course design, online program design, online faculty development, online student services, and online student outcomes and will create assessment instruments and documentation procedures for ODE-supported courses and programs. This work will provide the ODE cross-functional teams with data which will allow us to make recommendations to online program administrators for further course and program improvements.
- Master's Degree in Instructional Design or Education-related discipline
- Demonstration of strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of technical expertise including hand-coding HTML
- Ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders
- Competency in current technologies to support position duties (e.g., Blackboard Learn, Adobe Dreamweaver, Excel, Microsoft Word, Qualtrics, LaTeX/MathJax)
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and deadlines with a high level of detail; excellent project management, complex scheduling, planning, and organizational skills Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of universal design and web accessibility standards and guidelines
- Familiarity with Quality Matters or similar course evaluation rubric
COVER LETTER MUST BE PROVIDED TO BE CONSIDERED.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States