Administrator (Enterprise Team Support)
Administrator (Enterprise Team Support) (0588)
Are you looking for a administrative role that offers variety in a very busy function? Join us as an Enterprise Administrator within our Management Services Group in the Faculty of Education, based at the Birley Campus in Manchester city centre.
The Research and Knowledge Exchange team within the Faculty of Education provides administrative support for all aspects of research and knowledge exchange, from supporting bids and tenders for funding for research to developing partnerships with external stakeholders.
The team offers professional administrative support for regional, national and international enterprise activity in addition to supporting bids and tenders for new projects. The RKE team supports a variety of activities within a number of areas in the Faculty including Education Leadership and Management, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education, Childhood Youth and Community and Inclusive Education and Disability studies.
As an Administrator, you will support the team by providing comprehensive administrative support for a range of enterprise activities and projects within the Faculty, interacting with stakeholders and making a real contribution to the development of administrative systems and processes, using your initiative to make suggestions where improvements can be made.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting a variety of projects, ad-hoc enterprise events and small conferences
- Liaising with internal and external partners, clients, agencies and other stakeholders including at senior and executive levels
- Organising a number of events to support Research and Knowledge exchange activities, including arranging venues for departmental events and training days
- Providing general administrative support to the Faculty staff engaged in Research and Knowledge exchange activities and projects.
- Dealing with incoming communications relating to enterprise activity
- Helping to support new contracts, bids and tenders
- Organising and servicing meetings in support of projects
- Preparing evaluation reports in support of projects / events
- Keeping up-to-date with a range of enterprise activities and projects.
- Administrative arrangements for short courses and other enterprise activities, including supporting of marketing of events/courses, room booking, catering orders and delegate registration.
Dealing with financial transactions relating to enterprise activity including raising purchase orders and invoices using in-house systems.
Managing the general enquiries Outlook inbox, responding to queries and seeking out the best solution.
As part of a very busy function, you will need an eye for detail, strong communication skills and be a team player. You’ll be dealing with financial systems so a high level of numeracy is required alongside a professional customer service approach. It’s an administrative role and so competency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint are essential to support the smooth-running of this department.
To apply, please attach your CV with a covering letter providing examples of your experience for points 1.4, 1.5 and 2.1 on the Person Specification of the attached Job Description.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team in a lively University environment. If you would like to share our ambition, we would love to hear from you.