Senior Assistant Director, Enrollment, Undergraduate Admissions
The Senior Assistant Director is responsible for directing and implementing key functions and initiatives of College Advising Corps-Boston University (CAC-BU), a partner program of the College Advising Corps. The Senior Assistant Director is responsible for managing and supervising a cohort of near-peer college advisers, as well as fostering and maintaining strong relationships with high school partners where advisers are placed. The Senior Assistant Director also develops, manages and implements programmatic initiatives critical to the CAC-BU model, such as adviser professional development, recruitment, and volunteer engagement. In collaboration with the Director, the Senior Assistant Director will establish and implement CAC-BU policies, develop innovative programs and initiatives, and set direction and priorities for each program year to further the attainment of CAC-BUs program goals and the success of the organization.
Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred. 3-5 years of relevant professional experience required.
Additional preferred skills (to be listed as needed):
- Knowledge and experience working with Boston Public Schools students and/or under-represented youth, preferably on college access or persistence topics
- Interest in and demonstrated ability to supervise, engage, support, educate, and empower young professionals
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills; attention to detail; communication and presentation skills; analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Mature, proactive, diplomatic problem-solver
- Commitment to continual learning and development
- Passion for college access and College Advising Corps' mission
Boston University an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular