BU Spark! is seeking a solutions engineer with full stack experience to take on a number of exiting initiatives at the cross-section of technology and innovation. The Spark! solutions engineer will play a critical role on the Spark! leadership team while providing support to students in the Spark! program. In addition to serving as the primary technical lead for the program, this individual will oversee student innovation and X-Lab teams as they complete their projects on behalf of external partner organizations. The solutions engineer will have the flexibility to shape internal programming to address the needs of the expanding Spark! community. As part of the Hariri Institute for Computing and the broader Boston University community, there will be many opportunities to develop new skills and pursue independent projects and collaborations. As a Spark! solutions engineer, the candidate will support student implementation of prototypes and oversee the completion of external partner projects across a range of technical areas including web and mobile applications, data science projects, machine learning models, and more across a wide variety of domains from civil rights to sustainability to digital health.
We seek a forward-thinking and goals-oriented individual who is able to work both independently and as part of a team. It is important that the candidate is comfortable working closely with a small tight-knit team and enjoys supporting students in a technical and personal mentoring capacity.
Other requirements include:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Three to five years of academic or professional experience, preferably in full stack development
- Significant experience with contemporary programming languages and frameworks
- Working knowledge of databases and data mining techniques, machine learning and algorithm development
- Exposure to APIs and other web services within integrated applications.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies e.g. continuous integration/deployment, unit testing, analytics, and other project management workflows and technologies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have significant responsibilities.
- Experience or familiarity with technology product creation, entrepreneurship, or technology innovation
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven interest and background in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Experience in technology consulting a plus
- Masters Degree (or 2 years' additional experience) in a technology field
Boston University an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular