Lecturer/Professor in Energy Storage Materials and Manufacturing
- Australia’s leading engineering faculty
- World-leading group of researchers and teachers
- Cutting edge facilities and innovative research
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia’s leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world’s best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
The School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
The School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering is one of the largest and most prestigious in Australia, with 2500 student enrolments, 80 academic staff, 25 professional staff, and total annual budget of over $22 million including external research grants.
Our mission is to prepare students for careers of leadership and innovation, create new scientific advances, and translate research outcomes to positively impact national and global industry and society. We are seeking to attract high-calibre researchers and educators to expand our thriving research programs and contribute to our education excellence in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Robotics and Mechatronics. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/mechanical-engineering/.
About the role
We are seeking an exceptional Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor in the area of advanced energy materials, such as composite electrodes, polymer nanocomposites, wearable energy storage devices, solid electrolytes, and advanced manufacturing processes. We are looking for core capability in any one or more of the following disciplines: energy materials, advanced manufacturing, as applied to energy storage such as electro-chemical and flow batteries.
The appointment would be:
- at level B ($103K - $121K), at level C ($125K - $143K), at level D (149K - $164K) or at level E ($191K) (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading) per annum, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to conduct high impact research, deliver outstanding teaching and student experience and build industry engagement in the field of advanced energy materials, such as composite electrodes, polymer nanocomposites, wearable energy storage devices, solid electrolytes, and advanced manufacturing processes. Applicants with industry experience are especially welcome.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A PhD in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or an area of direct relevance;
- A demonstrated record of excellence in research with international impact;
- A commitment to delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels; and,
- The ability to actively engage with industry and the community.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants with industry experience are especially welcome.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply
Click “Apply now” and be sure to review the position description and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Professor Chun Wang, Head, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
T: +61 9385 3232
Applications close: 23:55, Sunday 12th Aug (AEST)
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Chemical Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney