Lecturer/Professor in Cyber Security, Digital Forensics
- Australia’s leading engineering faculty
- World-leading group of researchers and teachers
- Cutting edge facilities and innovative research
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia’s leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world’s best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
The School of Computer Science and Engineering
The School of Computer Science and Engineering is one of the largest and most prestigious computing schools in Australia. It offers undergraduate programs in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Bioinformatics, as well as a number of combined degrees with other disciplines. It attracts excellent students who have an outstanding record in international competitions. At the postgraduate level there is a large PhD research program and coursework programs at the Master’s and Graduate Diploma level in Computing and Information Technology and at Graduate Certificate level in Computing. Our research mission is to be at the forefront of research into new and exciting innovations with profound national and international impact. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/
About the role
The School of Computer Science and Engineering is seeking an exceptional Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor of international standing to conduct research and teaching in the digital forensics as it applies to cyber security.
The appointment would be:
- at level B ($103K - $121K), at level C ($125K - $143K), at level D (149K - $164K) or at level E ($191K) (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading) per annum, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time,
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to conduct high impact research, deliver outstanding teaching and student experience and build industry engagement in the field of digital forensics for cyber security. Applicants with industry experience are especially welcome.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A PhD in digital forensics applies to cyber security;
- A demonstrated record of excellence in research with international impact;
- A commitment to delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels; and,
- The ability to actively engage with industry and the community.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants with industry experience are especially welcome.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' and be sure to review the position description and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Professor Maurice Pagnucco, Head, School of Computer Science and Engineering:
T: +61 9385 5518
Applications close: 23:55, Sunday 12th Aug 2018 (AEST)