Research Development Manager, Medicine
- Work closely with cutting edge medical researchers to source funding (NHMRC/MRFF)
- Present seminars on funding schemes and strategic advice to increase competitiveness
- $102,567 - $115,564 + 17% super + leave loading
- 5-year fixed term contract
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Research Strategy Office works with Faculties, research teams, individual researchers and external partner organisations to initiate, facilitate and secure new national and international research project funding and Fellowships; and develop ongoing strategies to ensure that UNSW enhances its research profile and increases the level, quality and diversity of research funding.
Reporting to the Senior Research Development Manager and working as part of a supportive and high-performing team, you will provide high-level project management, strategic communication, administrative and editorial support to researchers regarding competitive research funding proposals and strategic grant scheme training. This includes significant Interaction with researchers, funding bodies, and relevant Faculties and researchers across the University.
About the Successful Applicant
You can demonstrate your success working with researchers to win competitive funding proposals, grants, tenders or bids.
Specific requirements include:
- High-level knowledge of the higher education or medical research sector funding schemes, including the review and preparation of proposals
- Project management, prioritisation and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and deadlines in high volume environments
- Problem solving and analytical skills, ability to research and analyse material and identify key issues, and produce high level outcomes in both autonomous and team-based activities
- Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiation and consultation skills, including an ability to exercise initiative, tact and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters
Submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria (listed in the relevant Position Description)
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 2401
Applications close: 11 pm Sunday 17th June 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.