Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Full-time, Continuing positions, located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Lecturer - $90,748 - $107,758 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
- Senior Lecturer - $111,162 - $128,175 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University tusrned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe University was the first institution to graduate prosthetist/orthotists with honours and doctoral qualifications. The Prosthetics and Orthotics Discipline is responsible for a number of courses including: Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics (double degree) as well as the graduate entry Masters of Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics.
About the position
This position will contribute to teaching within the Prosthetics and Orthotics courses at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus; primarily the design, coordination and delivery of the prosthetics curriculum related to transtibial, transfemoral or upper extremity amputation. The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to the administrative functions of the discipline.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching as well as the ability to design, deliver and coordinate subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high-quality, contemporary, prosthetic service consistent with a Grade 3 appointment.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
As above, as well as:
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high-quality, contemporary, prosthetic service consistent with a Grade 4 appointment.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at a course/program level.
- Demonstrated record of achievement as a leading practitioner with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a state/national level.
Membership of the Australian Orthotic and Prosthetic Association is desirable.
Please refer to the Position Descriptions for other duties, skills and experience required for each Level.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 24 June 2018 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Michael Dillon, +61 3 9479 5889 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a cover letter indicating which Level you are applying for, as well as a resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description for the relevant Level you are applying for.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.