Associate Professor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Faculty of Business and Law
Newcastle Business School
About the organisation
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
NBS has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Newcastle Business School is renowned for excellence in internationally relevant research.
Many of our academic staff members are leaders in their research disciplines, and are published consistently in top international and national journals. Our research priorities and strengths reflect the areas in which we are contributing considerably to the knowledge base in business. The business school has recognised research strengths in accounting, corporate governance, consumer behaviour, cross cultural analysis, finance, investments, environment, co operatives and not-for-profits, human resource management, tourism, health management, socio economic development, institutional analysis, and decision-making experiments.
About the role
The Associate Professor contributes to the delivery of the University Strategic Plan in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship as a key senior member of the Newcastle Business School providing excellence in Research and Innovation, Teaching and Learning, and Service and Engagement. The Associate Professor combines extensive academic expertise and applied knowledge and networks with national/international standing and is recognised for their leadership in contributing to social and cultural impact in their field.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this critical position, you will have:
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Demonstrated significant contribution to research, including evidence of national and international research collaborations/partnerships, generation of quality publications and external research funding.
- Experience in working collaboratively with a range of external stakeholders, such as the private, public and third sectors and the community, to generate sustainable partnerships and achieve mutually beneficial research and other outcomes.
- Demonstrated innovation in teaching, encompassing contemporary creative mediums and collaborative/interdisciplinary approaches to teaching and curriculum development and the ability to undertake program convening/course coordination.
- Demonstrated experience in benchmarking and leading change at the Program, Discipline or School level.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships and an inter-disciplinary way of working.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to leadership, mentoring, governance and organisational administration within an academic or similar large organisational environment.
- Knowledge of, and experience in adhering to workplace policies and procedures in the areas of work health safety, equity, diversity and promoting a respectful workplace culture.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link above. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Academic Level D from $140,644 per annum plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th June 2018