Research Associate in Raman-based Optical Biopsy
Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. The University offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for business and industry. We connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs – so employers get work-ready industry-fit graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland's most international university, boasting the largest international student cohort.
We have an established set of values that help us to nurture innovation and leadership, and show our commitment to continuous improvement and development in all our activities.
For full details on our University please view our Careers at Heriot-Watt http://www.hw.ac.uk/about/careers-at-heriot-watt.htm
The post holder is required to;
- Write research reports and publications. Analyse and interpret the results of own research and generate original ideas bases on outcomes. Use initiative and creativity to identify areas for research, develop new research methods and extend the research portfolio.
- Provide guidance as required to support staff, research students and any other students who may be assisting with the research.
- We are looking for a creative and highly motivated researcher willing to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills and an appropriate publication record are essential. A working knowledge of fibre optics and photonic instruments are essential.
- General tasks will involve scientific research; analysis and interpretation of data; daily oversight of the activities of postgraduate and undergraduate project students in the laboratory; communication with other investigators involved in this collaborative project; preparation of scientific papers; presentation of research at conferences.
The successful candidate will be expected to conduct and lead their own experiments whilst also supervising the activities of junior group members and PhD students.
Responsibilities will also include assistance in the day-to-day maintenance of the experimental facilities, liaising with companies and external collaborators.
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UK time) on 21 June 2018
Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Robert Thomson at R.R.Thomson@hw.ac.uk
Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and ethnic minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts at Heriot-Watt.
Use our total rewards calculator: https://www.hw.ac.uk/about/work/total-rewards-calculator.htm to see the value of benefits provided by Heriot-Watt University.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Research Associate jobs in Edinburgh
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Associate jobs in Edinburgh
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Life sciences Research Associate jobs in Edinburgh
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Research Associate jobs in Edinburgh
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Research Associate jobs in Edinburgh