Operations Manager, BU Spark, Hariri Institute
BU Spark! is an initiative to support student driven innovation and entrepreneurship in computer science, computer engineering and related disciplines. Housed at Boston University’s Hariri Institute for Computing, BU Spark aims to help students realize their entrepreneurial potential by providing access to resources, knowledge, and expert networks to support their innovation journeys.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for instituting systems and processes that will help Spark! go to the next level of impact. This will include structured process and relationship management processes for Spark!’s engagement of student innovators and project members, industry and alumni mentors, external project partners, and university partners. The Operations Manager will help launch a new crowd funding platform for student innovators and manage its ongoing implementation from an operations and finance perspective. While this role has clear scope of responsibilities, the startup and entrepreneurial nature of the Spark! initiative offers significant opportunity for growth and staff-driven improvements. The position will also be responsible for all student employment operations for the Hariri Institute and its federated area, including BU Spark! This position would also serve as a financial liaison for finances to BWWC and other ad-hoc special projects
We seek a forward-thinking and goals-oriented individual who is able to work both independently and be part of a team. Must have comfort working with ambiguity and in a fast-paced work setting. Flexibility a must. Preference will be given to candidates with proven interest and background in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required, Masters or equivalent preferable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in operations and administration
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of CRM platforms and associated operational processes (e.g. Salesforce)
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office, etc.)
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Strong process and project management skills
- Advanced skills in excel or equivalent budgeting tools
- Strong financial management skills
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States