Projects Officer, Faculty Built Environment
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
We shape future cities. Cities that are resilient, informed, healthy and smart – that are connected, green, liveable and inclusive.
About the role
- $91,755 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed term contract till 30th Sep 2019
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Project Officer is responsible for providing efficient and effective support to the Senior Leadership Team. A key part of this position will be coordinating projects within the Faculty, including researching and assisting with the preparation of relevant reports, engaging with internal and external stakeholders, and providing assistance to the Executive Team to ensure the goals and initiatives of the Faculty are accomplished.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Coordinate allocated strategic initiatives and liaise with faculty executive to meet governance, budget and reporting requirements through research, drafting of documentation and supporting implementation.
- Prepare timely reports, annual reviews, presentations, discussion papers, reports and supporting documentation for consideration by the Executive Team.
- Coordinate meetings by preparing agendas, documenting minutes and maintaining action logs. Draft reports and prepare high-level, confidential presentations, including acquisition and development of content.
- Research, analyse and summarise information for the Senior Leadership Team regarding faculty portfolio governance matters and projects, as they arise.
- Support of Faculty Strategy Development and Implementation in ensuring that Faculty projects are efficiently managed to ensure progress and achievement of the Faculty’s strategic and academic goals, including the drafting of discussion and policy papers
- Support the Executive Team at key Faculty meetings through drafting of communications, briefing papers, ensuring smooth organisation, of documentation.
- Monitor actions to ensure efficient follow through and resolution of matters and delivery of initiatives
- Effectively prioritise competing pressures and interests to ensure that work is accurately completed and deadlines met.
- Investigate and maintain active knowledge of best practices of University policies and systems as they relate to the Faculty.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that actions or omissions do not impact on the personal or others health and safety.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426
Applications close: 10th July 11.55 pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity