Research Associate in Microscopy
Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. The University offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for business and industry. We connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs – so employers get work-ready industry-fit graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland's most international university, boasting the largest international student cohort.
We have an established set of values that help us to nurture innovation and leadership, and show our commitment to continuous improvement and development in all our activities.
For full details on our University please view our Careers at Heriot-Watt http://www.hw.ac.uk/about/careers-at-heriot-watt.htm
The post holder is required to;
- Deliver research as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-institute team and contribute at a high level to specific research objectives
- Work independently towards specific research goals, and develop ideas and strategies to deliver those goals
- Write papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- Assist in co-ordination of the research and administrative tasks, collaborate with project partners, day-to-day laboratory management and supervise doctoral and undergraduate students.
- Be involved in outreach and public engagement activities and contribute to teaching demonstrator roles as required.
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UK time) on 20 June 2018
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Paul Dalgarno at P.A.Dalgarno@hw.ac.uk
Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and ethnic minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts at Heriot-Watt.
Consideration will be given to applications on a part-time and/or job-share basis.
Use our total rewards calculator: https://www.hw.ac.uk/about/work/total-rewards-calculator.htm to see the value of benefits provided by Heriot-Watt University.