Aviation Safety and Compliance Manager
We are looking for an operational focused Aviation Safety and Compliance Manager who will be responsible for the maintenance and delivery of our Aviation Safety Management and Compliance Systems. This will cover the University’s aviation operations including:
- Cranfield Airport
- Cranfield Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Service
- National Flying Laboratory Centre
- Cranfield’s Air Navigation Service Provider
Our number one priority is safe and compliant operations in accordance with National (CAA) and European (EASA) requirements. The Aviation Safety and Compliance Manager is a critically important role. The postholder will ensure that our aviation safety management system is robust and effective, based on just culture principles and embraces the spirit of continuous improvement.
The Aviation Safety Manager will report directly to the Accountable Manager (Director of Aviation Operations) and support them by:
- Managing and continuously developing the University’s aviation safety management system
- Acting as principal advisor on safety matters
- Preparation of aviation safety / risk cases
- Providing safety management training to staff
- Managing the University’s aviation incident reporting system (Centrix)
- Conducting incident / accident investigations
- Safety and compliance monitoring utilising current aviation operational experience
- Supporting the University’s safe use of drones
- Convening the University’s Aviation Safety Review Board
As a nominated postholder, appointment to the role will be subject to approval from the CAA.
For an informal discussion, please contact Rob Abbott, Director of Aviation Operations, on (T); +44 (0)1234 7581282 or (E); Rob.Abbott@cranfield.ac.uk
At Cranfield we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential.