Senior Lecturer, Finance Department
UTS Business School, Finance Department
UTS is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow. We have a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology.
The Finance Department at the UTS Business School is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer to conduct high quality research and teaching relevant to the School’s mission of advancing knowledge with impact.
Our teaching reflects our commitment to innovation and our goal of preparing our students for a challenging and dynamic workplace. Our researchers target top tier academic journals and publish rigorous and innovative research. We have an excellent seminar series with many international visitors that contribute to the vibrant research environment. Our faculty are provided with strong research support, access to international databases and have opportunities to organize teaching in order to improve research productivity. For more information, please visit our webpages at https://www.uts.edu.au/about/uts-business-school/finance.
A sample of responsibilities:
- Develop research for publications in top quality peer reviewed journals and undertake other scholarly work at a rate appropriate to the level of employment
- Develop a research agenda, undertake projects and apply for competitive research grants either individually or as a member of a team
- Deliver high quality teaching in the undergraduate and postgraduate programs and assist in the development of the learning environment for the assigned subjects
- Promote and disseminate research to generate a positive impact in the financial industry and society in general.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Evidence of high quality research and the potential to publish in top tier finance publications
- Experience in developing and teaching finance subjects with evidence of high quality teaching performance
- An outstanding command of the finance literature for research and research supervision purposes as it relates to at least one area of Finance with preference given to banking, corporate finance, market microstructure and personal finance/investments
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $123,911 to $138,453 pa
Salary supplementation may be negotiated with the successful candidate.
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How to Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC110872, please review the position statement and the relevant selection criteria - click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Answering Selection Criteria
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC110872.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the Head of the Finance Department – David Michayluk at David.Michayluk@uts.edu.au or alternatively the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Please be advised that as part of the selection process that you may be requested to deliver a presentation, the audience for which may include individuals not on the Selection Panel.
Closing Date: 13 June 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.