Associate Professor/Professor, Business Management
Significant Working Relationships:
The Associate Professor / Professor, Business Management will work closely with the Dean and Director of Learning and Teaching and with the academic staff of the College to lead the development and implementation of high quality courses and provide leadership in research and scholarship.
A critical aspect of the Associate Professor / Professor, Business Management,role is to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within and outside APIC.
The Associate Professor / Professor, Business Management, is a new position in the College to provide leadership in the College across all levels including strategic planning, curriculum development, accreditation of courses and the development of a strong culture of research and scholarship. This position reports to the Dean and Director of Learning and Teaching.The position will provide academic leadership in the areas of teaching, learning, research, and professional development in the discipline of Business Management, and will contribute to policy formation and support the promotion and practice of excellence in all areas of academic activity.The position will foster the relationship of APIC with relevant professional bodies, business and industry groups and other higher education institutions. The position is full-time and ongoing.
- Contribute to academic leadership on all matters pertaining to the ongoing development of the College.
- Contribute to APIC through membership of and active participation in committees and working parties.
- Foster the College’s relations with industry, government, professional bodies, other institutions and the wider community.
- Contribute to regular reporting to TEQSA on course delivery and outcomes
- Lead academic teams in the development and delivery of high quality curriculum
Teaching and learning
- Lead in the development of curricula for courses within the College
- Develop, coordinate and teach units within the courses of the College
- Provide mentoring to academic staff of the College
Research and scholarship
- Provide leadership in the development and promotion of a culture of research and scholarship at APIC, including the dissemination of research findings through publication and conference presentations by staff and students
- Seek external and internal funding for research
- Supervise student research activities as required
- Contribute to relevant professional and / or academic bodies to advance the discipline / profession
- Liaise with key stakeholders within and outside APIC to advance the strategic goals of the College
- Develop positive teamwork through participation and communication
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key academic and managerial staff members to ensure that academic standards are maintained and the needs of students are met.
- Maintain professional networking contacts to progress APIC’s interests
Qualifications and Experience
The role requires the following skills:
- PhD in cognate discipline
- Demonstrated record of national and international research and scholarship
- Extensive teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student research
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake leadership roles in higher education institutions and to work as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to engage students in the learning process
Excellent communication skills
Demonstrated ability to develop links with external public and private sector organizations
All APIC staff are expected to:
- Read,understand and comply with all APIC College policies and procedures and comply with reasonable direction
- Demonstrate professional workplace behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Comply with policy concerning Work Health and Safety (WHS) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Be aware of and follow processes for reporting any injury, hazard, illness or other risk immediately.
- Not place others at risk by any act or omission