Post Doctor Fellowship in Process Metallurgy
Post Doctor fellowship in process metallurgy is available at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, NTNU. Candidates with strong interest in metallurgical processes holding PhD degree in materials science, physical chemistry, or a related field are invited to apply. The Post Doctor research is in the area of sustainable aluminium production in which different techniques are applied to treat the waste/by-products from the aluminium industry. A particular focus shall be on the materials separation, materials analysis and high temperature reactions. The project will require the use of different equipment and furnaces, commercial thermodynamic software, and advanced materials characterization technique. We search for a person that is creative, innovative and can work independently, possesses good communication skills, and integrates well into a team.
The primary workplace will be Department of Materials Science and Engineering, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway. The appointment of the Post Doctor will be made according to Norwegian guidelines for universities and university colleges and to the general regulations regarding university employees. All applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English (in speaking and writing). The appointment has a duration of 2 years, and we can offer:
- an informal and friendly workplace with dedicated colleagues
- academic challenges
- attractive schemes for home loans, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The position as Post Doctor research fellow is remunerated according to the Norwegian state salary scale. There is a 2% deduction for superannuation contribution. The national labour force should reflect the composition of the population to the greatest possible extent. NTNU is an equal opportunity employer.
Information about the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, NTNU can be found at http://www.ntnu.edu/mse/
For further information about the position contact Associate Professor Jafar Safarian (tel +47 48061765, Jafar.Safarian@ntnu.no )
The application should contain:
- Certificates from both Bachelor, Master and PhD as well as Reference letters
- Transcripts of records for Bachelor, Master and PhD studies
- List of publications with bibliographical references.
- Documentation of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) if English or a Scandinavian language is not the applicant's mother tongue.
- A statement on when the applicant can start in the position if selected.
Applications must be submitted electronically through this page.
Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Mark the application with ref. no. NV-73/18
Application deadline is June 10, 2018.
About this job
- Deadline Sunday, June 10, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 153118
- Internal ID 2018/14586
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!