Service Desk Manager
Do you have experience as a Service Desk Manager? Are you interested in taking a service and customer-oriented approach? Are you organized, multitasking, an excellent and flexible communicator, with a “can-do” attitude? Can you support your team through difficult, busy or sometimes stressful situations on a daily basis? We are looking for a dynamic person to manage CERN Service Desk and join the Service Management and Support Group. CERN, take part!
You will join the SMS Group that is responsible for the clear and coherent implementation of service management all across SMB. It strives for excellence in service management, through coordinated adoption of best practice standards. The SMS Group has responsibility for the overall service quality, which means it monitors service delivery and coordinates efforts to restore services to the agreed levels when needed. The SMS group is the owner of all service management processes. The CERN Service Desk carries responsibility for establishing the first line of contact between CERN services and users in order to assist the user to find an answer via the CERN Service Portal or to register their issues in a ticketing system. It also ensures switchboard activities, dealing with incoming phone calls.
The Service Desk provides a single point of contact from 7:30am until 6:30pm workdays to most services included in CERN Service Catalogue. The large scope of the Service Desk is not only an IT one, but it also includes infrastructure matters, HR, finance, logistics, switchboard activity etc, which makes the CERN Service Desk unique and challenging.
As a Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations of the Service Desk. In particular, you will:
- Be operationally responsible for incident and request handling and dispatching of the Service Desk; be ready to intervene on Service Desk issues and act instantly when necessary to solve operational problems.
- Report, analyse, monitor and take corrective actions, if required, on the Service Desk activity based on a defined service level agreement (SLA) and a set of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Use key metrics positively to drive improved behaviors and performance.
- Perform extensive quality checks on the work carried out by the Service Desk. Quality control will be a substantial part of the Service Desk Manager’s activity (estimated at 50%).
- Collaborate with the Service Desk Team Leader and improve the knowledge base.
- Evaluate customer’s satisfaction/feedback and services’ complaints on the Service Desk actions and coordinate the resolution of specific issues in close collaboration with the Service Desk team leader or Service Management team and Services concerned.
- Represent the Service Desk at meetings inside and outside the Organization.