Application Support Analyst
3 days left
- Full Time
Application Support Analyst
Location: Kings Meadow Campus
Salary: £29,799 to £38,833 per annum (pro-rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30 May 2018
Are you an Application Support specialist looking to broaden your skills across a global service management aligned organisation?
The University of Nottingham is one of the top 75 Universities worldwide, having 43,000 students and 8,000 staff, with a global reach and campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. As an Application Support Analyst, you will work closely with the Service Desk, Operations, Analysts, Designers, Developers and Testers to ensure that applications and their integrations to the Oracle Peoplesoft system and other University applications are fully supported on a global platform. Your role will include 2nd line support of web-based applications, working to ITIL aligned processes.
As an Application Support Analyst, you will work with the Application Support Manager to help develop and embed support processes creating a defined way of work that will enable this team to deliver consistently high levels of service. This role will provide you with the opportunity to become a subject matter expert for core applications, through training and development you will build detailed knowledge and a deep understanding of these systems and associated integrations. You will be supporting a range of web and client applications and related server technologies on Windows and Linux and you will be passionate about technology with the drive to develop your expertise within a growing organisation.
• Educated to HNC level or equivalent qualification or work experience
• Strong knowledge of ITIL service management principles ideally having working in an ITIL aligned environment
• Experience of supporting an ERP system is advantageous
• Strong experience of supporting complex integrations
• Experience of providing technical support at a 2nd line level in a large-scale environment
• Knowledge of web server technologies (IIS, Apache)
• Knowledge of relational database technologies (Oracle/SQL/MYSQL)
• Ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
• You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to be adaptable and flexible and able to adjust to a new situations and environments
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to engage others through complex problem solving
This is a full time, 36.25 hours per week, permanent position. Job share arrangements may be considered.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.