- Take a leading role in all aspects of particle physics experiments, involving the conception and design of experiments, the building and operation of detectors and the analysis of data.
- Co-ordinate or make important contributions to studies, projects or committee work.
- Represent the Organization at conferences, workshops, or in other research laboratories and institutions.
- Supervise research and development work and to plan and manage activities including material and human resources.
- Approximately 5 to 10 years of post-doctoral experience and demonstrated excellence in experimental particle physics research; appropriate allowance for career breaks and other special circumstances will be taken into account.
- Experience in data analysis, in the use of on-line and off-line software, and competence in detector hardware.
- High capacity for innovation and potential for making a significant medium to long-term contribution to the scientific programme of the Organization.
- Physics analysis, reconstruction and simulation.
- Familiarity with modern information technology.
- Detection techniques.
- Learning and sharing knowledge.
- Leading with strength and credibility.
- Communicating effectively.
- Building relationships.
- Working in the interest of the Organization.
- Good knowledge of English or French; basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.