Join a secretariat and provide a seamless service to the many scientists coming from all over the world. CERN, take part!
The Experimental Physics Department's secretariat support Section is responsible for providing administrative secretarial support to the Department, Experiments and Groups. Our services include general office duties in accordance with the Organization's administrative procedures, including other special contributions such as the participation in events' organization.
You will join a multi-cultural team with a wide range of skills and expertise - providing services to the collaborators of scientific communities. You will also ensure that the flow of information inside and outside your direct working environment is of highest standard.
You will have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge in new areas, and discover domains where excellence is the key driving factor. Specific training is available, as well as support for professional development to foster your skills and develop your talents.
As Administrative Assistant in the secretariat support Section, you will join a team of assistants and participate in the daily management of the secretariat office with special emphasis on information, communication and organizational services. You will:
- Act as first line support concerning the visiting physicists' queries in contact with relevant services inside and outside CERN.
- Provide administrative and secretarial services associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events.
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of documentation and correspondence including their publication and circulation.
- Contribute in the update of the databases and the web sites of CERN and the Experiment(s), in collaboration with the CERN Users' Office and collaborating Institutes.
- Provide administrative support for the follow-up of financial matters related to orders and payments of various nature.
- Maintain physical and electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to provide up-to-date information.
- Make sure that CERN's different rules and procedures are respected and correctly applied in different situations.
- Replace other assistants during their absences.