Do you have experience in Procurement and would you like to participate in the activities related to the Organization's procurement of supplies and services, in particular standard store items, indirect purchases and civil engineering? CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The Industry, Procurement and Knowledge Transfer Department (IPT), which is responsible for all of the Organization's procurement, knowledge and technology transfer activities. In its work with the CERN community, the Department provides a broad range of services covering procurement, support for EU projects and the management of intellectual property related to knowledge transfer. The Department also maintains strong relationships with external partners, providing dedicated services and information for businesses, universities, research institutes and Member State representatives.
- The Procurement and Industrial Services Group (PI), which is responsible for procuring all supplies and services for the Organization, ensuring that the specified and contractual technical, delivery and performance requirements are met at the lowest possible overall cost whilst achieving balanced industrial returns for CERN Member States and respecting CERN's Procurement Rules. The Group monitors and reports procurement activities and statistics to CERN Management and Member State representatives. It also handles the Organization's temporary labour requirements.
- The Administration and General Infrastructure Section (AG), which is responsible for procuring all supplies and external services for the following CERN sectors: Finance and HR including the Site Management and Buildings Department, International Relations, the Health, Safety and Environment Unit and the CERN Pension Fund.
As Procurement Officer you will be involved in a broad range of activities related to the Organization's procurement of supplies and services, in particular standard store items, indirect purchases and civil engineering.
- Advise and support the Organization's technical departments and assist them in identifying procurement strategies within budgetary and time constraints;
- Prepare price enquiries and/or invitations to tender in accordance with the Organization's Procurement Rules and on an international basis;
- Analyse offers, prepare proposals for adjudications and submit these to the Management;
- Ensure the preparation, negotiation and follow-up of numerous orders and contracts;
- Develop and maintain numerous contacts at all levels, within and outside the Organization.