Post-Doc Researcher in Modelling processes
Job Title: Post-Doc Researcher in Modelling processes
Employer: Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, CULS Prague
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS), Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources is inviting junior researcher focusing on Modeling of processes in soil-water-plant environment to submit an application for research mobility within the project “Supporting the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008366.
Topic: Modelling processes using HYDRUS program
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Salary: 3000, - Euros per month (gross)
Job type: Full Time
Starting date: September 2018
Term contract duration: 6 months
The position is funded by EU, managing authority the Czech Operational Programme Research, Development and Education.
Position is open for those dealing with modeling of processes taking place in soil-water-plant environment, i.e. modeling of water flow, contaminant and heat transport in soils, and also modeling of water, solute and energy uptake by plants. Research is dedicated to investigation of behavior (i.e. sorption, transformation etc.) and transport of pharmaceuticals in soils, and their uptake, transformation and translocation in plants. The main topic of mobility is therefore modeling of those and associated processes using HYDRUS programs and other related software. The knowledge in soil processes, mathematical modeling and extended experiences in organic chemistry and/or plant physiology are required.
To be considered for a position, applicants must meet all these requirements:
- The applicant has worked outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years as a researcher (0,5contract or more) or has studied doctoral studies during last 3 years
- Post-doc status: holder of PhD or ISCED level 8 diploma, qualification completed within last 7 years.
- Minimum qualification: two published scientific papers within last three years
Application should contain:
- Diploma, diploma supplement (with nostrification if necessary)
- CV with list of publications
- Documents confirming research activities outside the Czech Republic for at least 2 years within last 3 years.
- Brief description of proposed research including time schedule and expected research outputs
- Relevance of proposed project for this research area
Please apply before 14 June by sending all required documents to email@example.com
About the employer:
The Department of Soil Science and Soil Protection provides teaching, and engages in research in all branches of soil sciences. The department cooperates with a number of research and education institutions in the Czech Republic and abroad. It actively contributes research that aims to solve the current problems related to soil degradation, conservation and protection.
3 areas of research:
Mathematical modelling, HYDRUS program, organic chemistry
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Agriculture, Food & Forestry Other Research Related jobs in Czech Republic
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Czech Republic
- Fixed Term Life sciences Other Research Related jobs in Czech Republic
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Czech Republic