Australian Computer Assisted Theragnostics Network
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The South Western Sydney Clinical School is based at Liverpool and Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospitals, Sydney. The School is the fastest growing School within UNSW Medicine and is renowned for its excellence in undergraduate teaching and clinical training as well as in the range of research areas such as Cancer, Clinical Science, Community and Population Health, Early Years/Childhood Health, Injury and Rehabilitation and Mental Health.
About the role
- $73,597 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- 3 Year fixed term
- Full-time (35 hours per week) (Flexible employment arrangements; including job sharing would be considered for the right candidate)
This position will be working on the Australian Computer Assisted Theragnostics (OzCAT) network, an ongoing international project which has been initially established acrossa network of Australian radiation oncology departments. This position will work with the departments within this expanding network to establish and maintain necessary infrastructure (software and hardware) and to undertake research investigations using this network. Research investigations undertaken within this position will include developing outcome models and decision support tools to improve knowledge available for radiotherapy clinicians and patients utilizing clinical datasets including imaging information.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in informatics
- Demonstrated expertise in mathematical algorithm and machine learning implementation
- Demonstrated experience in using appropriate software to manage large and complex datasets
- Demonstrated knowledge in distributed learning network implementation
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing image processing algorithms.
- Demonstrated track record in research including preparation of manuscripts, grant applications and publishing in international peer reviewed journals
- Proven ability to be both self-directed and work independently within a multidisciplinary team of clinicians and researchers, with ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and testing well structured, documented code and supporting others to do this.
- Commitment to conducting research under strict ethical and regulatory guidelines
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Apply for Australian Computer Assisted Theragnostics Network
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly