Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Faculty of Education and Arts
School of Education
UON is a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. We offer an extraordinary environment to push boundaries and take ideas forward. No matter your professional background, you will find a community of minds eager to work together to explore new ideas and continually improve the way we perform. UON is a place where we encourage innovation, celebrate achievement and reflect on our practice to ensure we are striving for excellence. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
The Faculty of Education and Arts’ (FEDUA) mission is to serve our communities by being a global leader in teaching, research, equity and innovation in the Creative Industries, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences. The Faculty’s vision: Through teaching and research excellence we will inspire, enrich and transform humanity to support prosperous and equitable societies.
About the role
The School of Education, within the Faculty of Education and Arts (FEDUA), seeks to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in STEM Education on a full-time, ongoing basis. The successful applicant will demonstrate the capacity to contribute to the School’s STEM agenda and more broadly to the global improvement in teacher education research.
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in STEM will deliver the three domains of academic work within the School of Education: Research and Innovation, Teaching and Learning, and Service and Engagement, in line with the Performance Expectations Framework (PEF) for Academic staff. The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer contributes to the delivery of the University’s Strategic Plan.
The role will be offered as a Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C), depending upon the applicant's academic experience and skill. Applicants are advised to nominate which level they are applying for.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role at both Level B and C you will have:
- A PhD in an area of Education with interdisciplinary STEM research experience, particularly in school settings.
- Significant contributions to research at a tertiary level, evidenced by publications, experience with the preparation and submission of grant proposals, and contribution to research teams.
- Significant contributions to teaching at a tertiary level for at least one STEM subject, and demonstrated experience with the development and delivery of curriculum and course materials for a variety of teaching modes including online and flexible delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with, and willingness to, undertake course coordination.
- Proven capacity to co-supervise Honours and HDR candidates.
- Knowledge of, and experience in adhering to workplace policies and procedures in the areas of work health safety, equity, diversity and promoting a respectful workplace culture.
- Demonstrated experience in taking ownership and driving innovation, process improvement and contributing to overall corporate operation.
- Demonstrated contribution to administration, governance and/or service, such as service to a Faculty, University, discipline, profession, and/or the broader community.
- A teaching and research background with experience in teaching a relevant STEM subject in a school setting.
For those applying at Level C you will also need to to address the following Essential Criteria:
- Significant contributions to STEM Research evidenced by a track record of high quality publications, supervision and completion of HDR candidates, and leading or collaborating in research collaborations funded by competitive grants.
- Demonstrated experience with Program Convening and engaging in activities to enhance teaching and learning.
- Evidence of leading small groups or teams to identify development opportunities and enhance teaching and learning activities.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found by following instructions below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Salary - Level B From $95,351 per annum
Salary - Level C From $116,805 per annum
Plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Monday 4 June 2018
More searches like this
- Permanent Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney