Senior Lecturer in Special Education/Inclusive Education
2 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Education and Arts
School of Education
UON is a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. We offer an extraordinary environment to push boundaries and take ideas forward. No matter your professional background, you will find a community of minds eager to work together to explore new ideas and continually improve the way we perform. UON is a place where we encourage innovation, celebrate achievement and reflect on our practice to ensure we are striving for excellence. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
The Faculty of Education and Arts’ (FEDUA) mission is to serve our communities by being a global leader in teaching, research, equity and innovation in the Creative Industries, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences. The Faculty’s vision: Through teaching and research excellence we will inspire, enrich and transform humanity to support prosperous and equitable societies.
About the role
The School of Education is one of the largest providers of initial teacher education programs in Australia, and is in the top 100 Education Schools in the world as rated by the QS World University Rankings by Subject (2018). The School offers a vast range of teaching and research opportunities that contribute to the advancement of education at all levels.
The School’s vision is to develop the next generation of teachers, leaders and scholars to guide the future of education across Australia and the world. Through the academic excellence of our programs; and a commitment to equity, diversity and innovation in our research and teaching; we strive to contribute to the continued development of a just, fair and healthy society. Our staff are committed to effective partnerships with schools, early learning centres, community members, researchers and policy-makers to assist in promoting research and informed practice in all aspects of education. We prepare graduates who use their knowledge, skills and dispositions to transform lives and help communities thrive.
The School of Education, within the Faculty of Education and Arts (FEDUA), seeks to appoint a Senior Lecturer in Special Education / Inclusive Education on a full-time, ongoing basis. The successful applicant will demonstrate the capacity to contribute to the School’s special and inclusive education agenda and more broadly to the global improvement in teacher education research.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A PhD in an area of Education with an emphasis on Special Education/Inclusive Education.
- Significant contributions to research at a tertiary level, with significant contributions to Special Education/Inclusive Education, evidenced by publications in journals of international standing, experience with the preparation and submission of grant proposals, an extensive publication record, and contribution to research teams.
- Significant contributions to teaching at a tertiary level, with demonstrated experience with the development and delivery of curriculum and course materials for a variety of teaching modes including online and flexible delivery.
- Demonstrated experiences with, and willingness to, undertake course coordination and program convening.
- Proven capacity to supervise Honours and Research Higher Degree candidates.
- Knowledge of, and experience in adhering to workplace policies and procedures in the areas of work health safety, equity, diversity and promoting a respectful workplace culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and bring together people from different areas to participate in School/Faculty or University wide initiatives.
- Demonstrated contribution to administration, governance and/or service, such as service to a Faculty, University, discipline, profession, and/or the broader community.
- A teaching background in Special or Inclusive Education and research in Secondary schools or Secondary teacher education.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found by following instructions below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Academic Level C - from $116,805 per annum plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Monday 28 May 2018