Adviser to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term for 3 years
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for providing high-level project management, executive support, and advice to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research on research related matters.
This will include:
- Providing strategic advice, briefings and presentations on emerging research policy matters and funding issues in the Australian Government and Victorian Government.
- Identifying and providing opportunities for the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research to promote Deakin's profile and its contribution to research to the wider community, partners and organisations.
- Developing position papers, submissions, plans, policy documents, guidelines, advice and recommendations on current and emerging research issues.
- Identifying funding opportunities and develop/shepherd the development of Deakin bids.
- A postgraduate qualification or substantial equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in drafting policy, position papers, reports, briefings and other documents.
- Extensive experience advising senior management on policy matters and funding issues affecting the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives in a timely manner and to plan and co-ordinate and carry out tasks and projects through to completion.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Karly Stafford, Tel: +61 3 5227 2793
CLOSING DATE: Friday 8 June 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.