Casual Teaching and Marking
School of Education
Faculty of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences & Education
The School of Education at the University of New England (UNE), Armidale, invites applications from interested people who may wish to be included on the Eligibility List for Casual Teachers and/or Markers in Education. Applicants will have appropriate qualifications and experience in the related academic areas in education.
The School of Education offers a positive and dynamic environment where Staff and Students enjoy a friendly, collegial and socially inclusive working environment. The School is a leading provider of primary, secondary and early childhood teacher education courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with courses offered via on-campus and flexible online education modes.
Academic subject areas in education:
- Inclusive and Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Contextual Studies in Education (social, historical, philosophical, religious, international and curricular contexts of education – specific units also examine the educational impact of issues such as gender, Indigeneity, race, colonialism and school-community relations)
- Learning and Teaching (planning for active learning in inclusive Primary and/or Secondary classrooms)
- Mathematics Education (Primary and Secondary)
- Creative and Performing Arts Education (Visual Arts, Music & Drama)
- English, Literacies and Language Education including TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and EAL/D (English as an Additional Language or Dialect)
- Social Science Education
- ICT Education
- Science Education
- Health, Physical and Sports Studies Education.
To submit an application
Inclusion on the list does not guarantee employment, as offers will be based on workloads each trimester and the expertise required for marking in specific units. Persons selected to act as Casual Markers will read and provide feedback on assessment tasks for online and face-to-face learning units within selected courses. Casual Teachers and Markers will be mentored by Unit Coordinators from the relevant academic area.
Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor teaching qualifications and substantial professional experience in the area of employment.
Your expression of interest will include:
- a covering letter including:
- a clear indication of your areas(s) of expertise,
- UNE reference number 218091
- the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two relevant referees
- a curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications
Closing Date: Friday 22 June 2018
Reference No: 218091
General enquiries to: Mrs Diane Mitchell, Executive Officer, School of Education, Faculty of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences & Education - email: email@example.com
For more information about the Education programs and units visit: http://www.une.edu.au/about-une/academic-schools/school-of-education
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.