- CENTRE FOR LEARNING AND TEACHING
- LEARNING SUPPORT
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $85,911 to $96,451 HEW 7
- FULL TIME, FIXED TERM (5 MONTHS)
The Centre for Learning and Teaching delivers high quality teaching and learning development programs, servicing both ECU students and academic staff.
The Learning Adviser is part of the Learning Support function of the Centre, working to support the development and implementation of specific learning development programs for students, including academic skills, English language proficiency, science and numeracy skills.
The Learning Adviser provides a student-focused, efficient service, aimed at improving student retention and progression. The role works in a collaborative, proactive manner to ensure that student and School requirements are met.
This full time role would be suitable for a dynamic and experienced Maths and Science educator who has experience in supporting the numeracy and science needs of university students studying in a range of disciplines.
The Learning Adviser is required to have an interest in developing both students’ academic literacy and science/numeracy skills and an ability to use a range of delivery modes to enhance these skills.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicants will possess the following capabilities:
- A degree and subsequent relevant teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience devising and facilitating programs to support the development of student numeracy and science skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support student academic writing development including the ability to diagnose and explain aspects of English grammar error in student writing. Demonstrated experience supporting students in all aspects of academic literacy, including information literacy, study skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop student resources that support online and technology enhanced learning.
The successful applicant will also have personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This fixed-term position attracts a remuneration of $85,911 to $96,451 pa (pro-rata) plus University superannuation contribution.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are encouraged to call Tina Fleming (Senior Learning Adviser Science/ Team Leader Learning Advisers) on (08) 6304 5286 for more information.
How to Apply
Please forward a concise cover letter (1-2 pages) describing your suitability for this position, directly addressing the ‘Skills and Experience’ criteria above, and attach a copy of your current CV to your online application.
Applications close on Sunday June 3, 2018 at 11:30 pm WST
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.