Cloud Systems Engineer
The Cloud Systems Engineer II is responsible for the development and implementation of the METs cloud computing strategy. The cloud engineer will oversee system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and deployment in cloud environments including public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud. The Cloud Systems Engineer II performs hands on technical work to implement, test and maintain the systems. The Cloud Systems Engineer II will work independently, work in teams, and collaborate with vendors and other groups. A key job role is to develop expertise and share knowledge with all members of the METIT Team. This person will contribute to daily operational work, and will be call after normal work hours to assist with emergency situations.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 plus years of experience working in IT Operations with a focus on enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications).
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies (Azure, S3, VMware).
- Demonstrated positive team player.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage and monitor multiple projects to successful completion, adapting to shifting priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent initiative and ability to use independent judgment to make decisions regarding operations and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular