- Opportunity to join a customer centric and solutions focused team in IT Strategy & Architecture
- HEW 10, Attractive Salary + 17% super
- Full-time, Ongoing, Hawthorn campus
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
About the job
The Infrastructure Solution Architect will play a key role providing architectural and thought leadership across our technology landscape. We have a state of the art data centre for our hosting combined with a strategy to move to the cloud as part of our target state.
This is a new role in the Architecture Team reporting to the Deputy Director, IT Strategy and Architecture that requires you to have an enterprise view that requires extensive engagement across a number of IT teams as well as business stakeholders so strong leadership and communication skills are essential.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate significant people leadership skills and ability to engage and work with key vendors. The ideal person with have a blend of technical understanding from Data Centres, Cloud, Security, Networks, Voice, DR etc.
A solid understanding of high level infrastructure systems and governance frameworks is essential for the role.
The role requires extensive stakeholder engagement across the business so exceptional communication and presentation skills are essential.
Key Accountabilities include:
- In close co-operation with Infrastructure Managers help to Identify and select and implement appropriate solutions based on requirements and constraints
- Evaluate new technologies for alignment with technology architecture
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in technology systems and infrastructure, including analysis of cost and risk reduction opportunities
- Provide architecture governance over technology infrastructure and security aspects in complex delivery programs
- Work with solution architects, business architects, solution designers and technology/ops engineers to deliver high quality Infrastructure solution architectures that are fit for purpose
- Align solutions with goals and objectives & Enterprise Architecture reference models, principles, policies, standards and roadmaps
- Provide architectural oversight and support to peers in solving complex issues arising during project delivery
- Define, maintain and reuse Infrastructure implementation pattern
As a thought leader within the University, Swinburne IT identifies opportunities for information technology to simplify, automate and transform the way Swinburne works. Swinburne IT delivers real value to the University by maximising its return on investments in technology.
Swinburne IT has a strategic focus, partnering with the business to deliver programs of work that align to each of the University’s three strategic pillars: Future Ready Learners, Research with Impact and Innovative Enterprise. Swinburne IT is a key enabler for the University to achieve its vision and deliver the 2025 Strategic Plan.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong understanding of modern networking and software designed data centre technologies
- Experience with VMware, HyperV, KVM hypervisors. Experience with cloud platforms including OpenStack, Azure and AWS
- Experience with microservices architectures and containers ie. Docker and container orchestration (ECS or Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc)
- Experience with assessment, development and implementation, operationalization and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes ie data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills and is fully experienced at dealing with senior business stakeholders
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2017 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class University creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description. Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact George Dimopoulos (Deputy Director, Strategy & Architecture) on 03 9214 8333 or via email at email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on 03 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on email@example.com.
Applications close at 5 pm, Tuesday the 29th of May 2018