Clinical Project Coordinator
The Kirby Institute for Infection and Immunity in Society
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute isthe major research body in Australia with responsibility for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of HIV/AIDS. It is also responsible for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of other blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections, in particular Viral Hepatitis.
About the role
- $91K-$99K plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 1 year
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The position holder is responsible to the Head of the Viral Hepatitis Clinical Research Program for the coordination, management and monitoring of the Surveillance and Treatment of Prisoners with Hepatitis C (SToP-C) clinical trial which involves participants from metropolitan and regional NSW correctional centres. The position holder will use their experiences in biomedical research to devise, implement, monitor and report on the conduct of research projects and provide strategic and tactical guidance on operational matters. Travel to correctional centre sites is required intermittently.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Graduate biomedical science qualifications or other medical qualifications including Nursing and subsequent relevant experience in the conduct of multicentre clinical trials, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated management of clinical trial data and clinical trial databases, and research specimen collection
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and running project team meetings, protocol steering committee meetings and investigator start-up meetings
- Demonstrated experience completing ethical and regulatory submissions for clinical trials
You should systematically address all the selection criteria in your application.
Pip Marks, VHCRP Clinical Trials Manager
T:(61 2) 9385 0886
Applications close: 5th June 2018