Senior Lecturer in Production
AFTRS is Australia’s Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film Schools in the world.
In this newly created role, you will be reporting to the Head of Production. You will play an important role in the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS) Awards team, as well as helping support the next generation of talented story tellers and content creators.
As Senior Lecturer, Production you will be responsible for:
- Working with Course Leader and Head of Production to develop the subject curriculum, assessments and course content; and review and improve the curriculum and student experience.
- Coordinate the delivery of the program for your subject, including preparing tutors; ensuring that lesson plans, assessments and rubrics are available on the shared drive; planning and communicating the required resources and, identifying and resolving issues.
- Deliver engaging lectures and workshops, and assess student progress in the BA Program to achieve approved learning outcomes as described in the approved curriculum
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience and 3 years of industry experience.
- Highly motivated and outcome focused and able to act proactively and with sound judgement within established parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage a high workload and competing demands, to work within a cooperative and collaborative small team, and be willing to take a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to lead and influence a diverse team, towards a common goal.
- Demonstrated high level presentation and communication skills.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Demonstrated curriculum development and delivery experience a distinct advantage
- Coaching and mentoring experience highly regarded
- Recent industry experience/industry credits
- Experience in a similar academic/educational leadership role
Discipline Specific Criteria:
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of production management
- Strong demonstrated experience conducting risk assessments
Salary: $98,498 plus excellent benefits package including 15.4% superannuation.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents. AFTRS supports workplace diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to Apply: Please email your current resume with covering letter addressing how your skills and experience meet the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 28 May 2018
Enquiries: Human Resources Team - email@example.com.